Apple and pear white sangria
November 24, 2017
Recipe is courtesy of Betsy Brock
- 1 750 ml AWI Torrontes or AWI Cabernet Sauvignon wine
- 1/2 cup Lemon Liquerur (we use Caravella)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from two lemons)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Bartlett pear, cored, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can (12 oz) seltzer (club sodo)
In a large pitcher, combine wine, lemon liqueur, lemon zest, and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice, apple slices, and pear slices and mix well. Place pitcher in refrigerator for 4 hours to chill and allow flavors to blend.
Serve in glasses and top off with seltzer (cub soda).
– You can also strain sangria after chilling to remove lemon zest, if desired.